Tricep pulldown to lateral jump
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart and pointing straight ahead, knees are bent and the chest remains high during the movement.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement utilizes a side hop in combination with a rope tricep pushdown.
- Start off to one side of the cable machine and ensure that you have enough room to jump side to side and that the cable piece is designed for multi-planar use.
- Perform a tricep pushdown (for description see “tricep pushdown” in the exercise library).
- As the weight is being decelerated up, hop to a comfortable distance to the opposite side.
- As you land, transfer the down force into another tricep pushdown.
- Repeat side to side for the desired number of reps.
- This exercise should flow from side to side. Moving through the elbows, shoulders, and trunk is recommended.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.