TRX lateral raise
About the Exercise:
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym, as long as you have the versatile and very portable TRX system.
- This exercise strengthens the shoulders, especially the front and sides of the shoulders.
- Your core will also get a workout as it is activated to hold your body in proper alignment during the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Adjust the TRX system so that it’s at its longest, then face the equipment, and grasp the handles with your hands at 45 degrees to the ground.
- Lean back and walk your feet inward slightly. (The further inward you walk your feet, the harder the exercise will be.)
- Place your feet together, with your weight pushed back onto your heels. Your heels, knees, hips, shoulders and head in a straight line. Your arms should be fully extended in front of you at shoulder height.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles to keep your alignment, then raise your arms up into a “Y”. Your palms should be facing forward, and your arms fully extended.
- Make sure that you don’t jerk your hips forward to perform the exercise. If you find yourself doing this, slide your feet backward a little. This will reduce the difficulty of the exercise.
- Allow your arms to come forward to the start position with slow control before repeating the exercise for the required number of repetitions.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.