- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, and good stability through the abdomen.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves quick footwork movements using the step.
- Initially choose a step height that is low (no risers).
- To start, face the step with one foot on the step and the other on the floor in front of the step (as shown).
- The movement involves hopping and simultaneously switching feet position (the one that is on the ground goes to the bench and vise versa) see video link.
- You can time yourself to see how many you can do this movement in a given time.
- The test should be terminated if you notice any of the following observations: repeated tripping on the step, loss of balance, pain of any sort, rolling of ankles, dizziness, shortness of breath, and/or numbness in the arm or jaw.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.