Dumbbell uppercut to overhead press
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate core by drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
How to Do:
- Position feet shoulder width apart, pointing straight ahead.
- Start with the dumbbells at shoulder height, palms facing backward.
- While maintaining total body alignment, rotate the shoulders at the torso.
- Push the arm that is coming forward up overhead towards the midline of the body.
- Bring the weight down slowly, turn the shoulders the opposite direction and push the other arm overhead towards the midline of the body.
- AVOID letting your back arch at ANYTIME (this may indicate tightness in the lats and a stretching workout should precede loading of this exercise).
- Keep the hips level at each side and also make sure the shoulder blades do not move forward excessively as this may indicate a shoulder joint.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.