How to Do V Bar Tricep Pushdown
Each v bar tricep pushdown should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this v bar tricep pushdown.
Beginning V Bar Tricep Pushdown
1. Select the appropriate level of resistance and stand in front of the machine with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line.
3. Place your hands on the bar about shoulder-width apart. Your palms should be facing the ground, and your upper arms and elbows tight against your side. Your elbows will be bent. This is the start position.
4. This works the triceps. Lowered traps are working as well.
5. Use of cable machine and V bar.
6. Good for people who have a limited range of movement.
7. Hips in neutral and feet hip-width apart and ears in alignment with the shoulder.
8. The shoulders are nice and relaxed.
9. Elbows are tucked into the body. Note that the elbow goes just above 90 degrees.
10. Make sure that elbows do not move away from the body or that the spine arches.
V Bar Tricep Pushdown Movement
1. Pull your shoulder blades back and down and tighten your abdominals to help keep your body in alignment, then extend your elbows until your arms are fully straightened next to your body. Return to the start position slowly and in a controlled manner, and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
2. Make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearms should be moving.
3. Be careful not to rock forward and back. If you find yourself unable to prevent this it means the weight is too heavy and you should reduce the resistance.
4. You can also substitute a rope grip for the straight bar. Using the rope changes and increases the range of motion for the exercise, adding a different stimulus to the triceps muscle.
V Bar Tricep Pushdown Benefits
You can perform this exercise in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
Your core muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady and to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
How to Do Tricep Rope Extension, Tricep Pushdown Rope, Cable Rope Pushdown, Standing Tricep Pushdown