Lateral medicine ball block
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades, back and down, good stability through the abdomen.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- The partner will stand on a stable block high enough to hold a medicine ball out for you to jump and push.
- You will start with their hands at shoulder height, palms open and facing inwards.
- You will begin to squat and load the arms (lower slightly towards the hips).
- You will jump to the side, bringing the hands over the head and pushing the medicine ball forward.
- Be very aware of proper landing mechanics, and ensure that landing area is free of any objects (as your focus will be on pushing the ball and not on the landing).
- You should avoid excess arch in the lower back during the overhead phase of this exercise.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.