Preparation for the Bicycle Crunch Exercise:
- To begin, lie on the ground with the belly button drawn inward and pelvic floor contracted by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- Lift the leg off the floor so that they are in triple flexion (at the ankles, knees, and hips).
- Ensure that the spine angles do NOT change throughout the movement.
How to Do Bike Crunches:
- The head should be positioned with a chin tucked and the hands by the ear so that they DO NOT support the head.
- Lift the shoulder blades off the ground by contracting the abdomen. Once in the air, with full range movement and extension of legs in bicycle pedal motion.
- Watch for and avoid excessive inward curve of the lower back.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Ensure that throughout this movement, the lower back NEVER goes into excessive extension (the lower back should never be so arched that you could fit your palm between the low back and floor).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.