1000 Calorie Diet: Meal Planning Guide for Women to Lose Weight Fast, Meal Plan Effectiveness, What to Eat, When to Avoid and Safety
1000 calorie diet: a woman's meal planning guide for shedding pounds quickly, including information on the effectiveness, what to avoid, and its safety.
At 1000 calories a day, this diet is so food restrictive it is usually not recommended by a nutritionist. Please seek medical advice before starting.
1000 Calorie Diet Plan Guidelines
You should not follow the 1000 calorie diet plan for more than a week. Eating one thousand calories is meant to be a short-term weight loss program. Dieters should also avoid vigorous physical activity during the dieting period.
Your Weight Loss Goal
1000 Calories a Day Menu Strategy
Weight loss is about creating a calorie deficit in your daily energy balance. A healthy weight loss rate is between 1 and 2 pounds per week. If you are looking to lose weight, I suggest you aim for a more balanced weight loss goal of 1 to 2 pounds, or 0.5 to 1 kilogram, per week.
Your Caloric Needs
Is 1000 Calories a Day Enough?
Choosing a schedule that includes 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss per week is a great way to attain your goals without putting your body into starvation mode and missing essential dietary nutrients. We recommend that you calculate your caloric needs with us first.
If your normal needs are 2000-2500 calories per day, you will burn 7000-5000 calories per week with a 1000 calorie meal plan, and thus lose 2-3 pounds a week.
1000 Calorie Sample Menu Plan
In summary, the 1000 calorie meal plan is a diet strategy whose popularity is linked to rapid weight loss. For most people, the number of calories is too little to obtain enough nutrients. For example, it is essential that you get enough proteins and carbohydrates every day. Proteins are needed for muscle repair and keeping you feeling full for longer, whilst carbs are key to energy levels, and 'brain foods' like Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep our bodies functioning smoothly.
Here is the sample low calorie meal plan with 1000 calories.
|Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Carbs (g)||Calories|
|Breakfast: Oatmeal: Multigrain||16.85||4.58||47.64||286.92|
1.1/2 cup -- Milk, 1%
1 cup -- Multigrain Oatmeal, dry
|Lunch: Sandwich: Ham||22.6||10.42||31.52||310.32|
2 tbsp -- Mayonnaise, low sodium, low calorie
1 slice -- Cheese, American, low fat
2 slice -- Ham, sliced, extra lean
2 slice -- Bread, whole-wheat
2 slice, thin/small -- Tomatoes, red, ripe
1/4 cup shredded -- Lettuce, iceberg
|Snack: Fruit: Grapes, red or green||1.09||0.24||27.33||104.19|
1 cup -- Grapes, red or green (European type, such as Thompson seedless), raw
|Dinner: Kabobs: Southwestern Style||20.29||4.64||40.6||289.04|
1/4 cup -- Brown Rice
1/4 medium (approx. length 2-3/4", 2-1/2" diameter) -- Peppers, sweet, green, raw
1/4 large -- Onions, raw
3/4 chop, -- Pork Loin, Lean
|PM Snack: Broccoli, raw||2.57||0.34||6.04||30.94|
1 cup chopped -- Broccoli
YOUR DAILY SHOPPING LIST
- 1.5 cup (366 grams) -- Milk, low fat, fluid, 1% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 2 slice (6-1/4" x 4" x 1/16") (56 grams) -- Ham, sliced, extra lean
- 1 cup (1 NLEA serving) (40 grams) -- Cereals, QUAKER, QUAKER Multigrain Oatmeal, dry
- 1 cup (151 grams) -- Grapes, red or green (European type, such as Thompson seedless), raw
- 0.75 chop, excluding refuse (yield from 1 raw chop, wit (75.75 grams) -- Pork, fresh, loin, sirloin (chops or roasts), boneless, separable lean only, raw
- 1 cup chopped (91 grams) -- Broccoli, raw
- 0.25 cup shredded (18 grams) -- Lettuce, iceberg (includes crisp head types), raw
- 0.25 large (37.5 grams) -- Onions, raw
- 0.25 medium (approx. 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia.) (29.75 grams) -- Peppers, sweet, green, raw
- 2 slice, thin/small (30 grams) -- Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year-round average
- 2 slice (56 grams) -- Bread, whole-wheat, commercially prepared
- 0.25 cup (46.25 grams) -- Rice, brown, long-grain, raw
- 1 slice (3/4 oz) (21 grams) -- Cheese, pasteurized process, American, low fat
- 2 tbsp (28 grams) -- Mayonnaise, low sodium, low-calorie or diet
The Best Meal Plan App
Using the latest science and research, the team at changingshape.com offer plans developed by certified nutrition and fitness professionals that shape exercise and meal plans based on the specific calories and nutrients a body needs to achieve real results. Join the changingshape.com calorie counter app free today.