1000 Calorie Diet: Meal Planning Guide for Women to Lose Weight Fast, Meal Plan Effectiveness, What to Eat, When to Avoid and Safety
1000 Calorie Diet
A woman's meal planning guide for shedding pounds quickly, including information on the effectiveness, what to avoid, and its safety.
At 1000 calories a day, this diet is so food restrictive it is usually not recommended by a nutritionist. Please seek medical advice before starting.
1000 Calorie Nutrition Plan Guidelines
You should not follow the 1000 calorie program for more than a week. Eating one thousand calories is meant to be a short-term weight loss program. Dieters should also avoid vigorous physical activity during the dieting period.
Your Weight Loss Goal
1000 Calories a Day Menu Strategy
Weight loss is about creating a calorie deficit in your daily energy balance. A healthy weight loss rate is between 1 and 2 pounds per week. If you are looking to lose weight, I suggest you aim for a more balanced weight loss goal of 1 to 2 pounds, or 0.5 to 1 kilogram, per week.
Your Caloric Needs
Is 1000 Calories a Day Enough?
Choosing a schedule that includes 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss per week is a great way to attain your goals without putting your body into starvation mode and missing essential dietary nutrients. We recommend that you calculate your caloric needs with us first.
If your normal needs are 2000-2500 calories per day, you will burn 7000-5000 calories per week with a 1000 calorie meal plan, and thus lose 2-3 pounds a week.
1000 Calorie Sample Menu Plan
In summary, the 1000 calorie meal plan is a diet strategy whose popularity is linked to rapid weight loss. For most people, the number of calories is too little to obtain enough nutrients. For example, it is essential that you get enough protein and carbohydrates every day. Proteins are needed for muscle repair and keeping you feeling full for longer, while carbs are key to energy levels, and 'brain foods' like Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep our bodies functioning smoothly.
Here is the sample low calorie meal plan with 1000 calories.
|Breakfast: Oatmeal: Multigrain||16.85||4.58||47.64||286.92|
|Lunch: Sandwich: Ham||22.6||10.42||31.52||310.32|
|Snack: Fruit: Grapes, red or green||1.09||0.24||27.33||104.19|
|Dinner: Kabobs: Southwestern Style||20.29||4.64||40.6||289.04|
|PM Snack: Broccoli, raw||2.57||0.34||6.04||30.94|
YOUR DAILY SHOPPING LIST
- 1.5 cups (366 grams) -- Milk, low fat, fluid, 1% milkfat, with added vitamin A.
- 2 slices (6-1/4" x 4" x 1/16") (56 grams) -- Ham, sliced, extra lean.
- 1 cup (1 NLEA serving) (40 grams) -- Cereals, QUAKER, QUAKER Multigrain Oatmeal, dry.
- 1 cup (151 grams) -- Grapes, red or green (European type, such as Thompson seedless), raw.
- 0.75 chop, excluding refuse (yield from 1 raw chop, with (75.75 grams) -- Pork, fresh, loin, sirloin (chops or roasts), boneless, separable lean only, raw.
- 1 cup chopped (91 grams) -- Broccoli, raw.
- 0.25 cup shredded (18 grams) -- Lettuce, iceberg (includes crisp head types) raw.
- 0.25 large (37.5 grams) -- Onions, raw.
- 0.25 medium (approx. 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia.) (29.75 grams) -- Peppers, sweet, green, raw.
- 2 slices, thin/small (30 grams) -- Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year-round average.
- 2 slices (56 grams) -- Bread, whole-wheat, commercially prepared.
- 0.25 cup (46.25 grams) -- Rice, brown, long-grain, raw.
- 1 slice (3/4 oz) (21 grams) -- Cheese, pasteurized process, American, low fat.
- 2 tbsp (28 grams) -- Mayonnaise, low sodium, low-calorie or diet.
The Best Meal Plan App
Using the latest science and research, the team at changingshape.com offers plans developed by certified nutrition and fitness professionals. Join the changingshape.com calorie counter app free today.
Summary: Very-low-aloric Diet, Meal Planning Guide for Women to Lose Weight Fast, What to Eat