How to Do
How to Do Hang Clean Power
The power hang clean should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the power hang clean.
Beginning Power Hang Clean
1. Lift the bar to a standing position with a clean grip.
2. Lower the bar to the desired hang position while maintaining control (most often mid-thigh, knee or right below the knee).
3. Start the power clean by pushing on the floor with your legs first after you've reached the hang posture.
Power Hang Clean Movement
1. Drive your legs into the floor and aggressively extend your hips, keeping the bar close to your body and bringing it into touch with your hips as you reach full extension.
2. Pick up and bring your feet into a squat stance after extending, drawing your elbows up and to the sides to lower yourself into a partial squat under the bar, keeping the bar and your body as close together as possible.
3. Stop the squat with the thighs above the horizontal plane by wrapping the elbows around the bar and into the clean rack posture.
4. With the bar overhead, stabilize and recover to a standing position.
Power Hang Clean Benefits
Muscle mass has increased.
Calorie expenditure has increased.
Increased strength and power.
Neurologic function has improved.
Increased output of force and power.
Improved metabolic performance.
Improved proprioception and balance.
Increased agility and speed.
Dumbbell Hang Power, Dumbbell Clean Power Hang.