How to Do
How to Do Decline Barbell Bench Press
Adequate control of the Lumbo-Pelvic-Hip complex.
Each decline barbell bench press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this decline barbell bench press.
Beginning Decline Chest Press
1. Position your back flat on the decline bench.
2. Draw your abdomen in towards your spine.
3. Hold the bar with a grip a little wider than the width of your shoulders.
Decline Chest Press Movement
1. Slowly lower the barbell towards your chest by flexing your elbows while retracting and depressing your shoulder blades.
2. Do not arch your back or allow your head to jut forward.
3. While contracting your chest, push the bar back up through the extension of the arms.
Decline Chest Press Benefits
Increases strength of chest, triceps, and anterior shoulders.
How To Do a Decline Barbell Press, Barbell Bench Press, Decline Chest Press, Chest Presses.