How to Do
How to Do Triceps Rope Push-down Exercise
The rope push-down exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the push-down exercise.
Beginning Push-down Exercise
1. Stand on both legs with feet pointing straight ahead and knees slightly flexed.
2. Maintain a draw in position throughout the entire exercise.
3. Keep your shoulder back and down.
4. Hold the rope with palms facing each other and elbows flexed 90 degrees.
Rope Push-down Exercise Movement
1. Extend the triceps by pushing your hand towards the ground until your arms are fully extended.
2. Avoid letting the back arch, head jut forward and/or shoulders rounded forward.
3. Hold and slowly return the cable to 90 degrees of elbow flexion.
Rope Push-down Exercise Benefits
Strengthen your body. Because the triceps pushdown is a strength training exercise, it naturally improves strength over time.