How to Do
How to Do Tricep Pushdown with Straight Bar
Each push-down exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this push-down exercise.
Beginning Tricep Pushdown with Straight Bar
1. Select the appropriate level of resistance and stand in front of the machine with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line.
3. Place your hands on the bar about shoulder-width apart. Your palms should be facing the ground, and your upper arms and elbows should be tight against your side. Your elbows will be bent. This is the starting position.
4. This exercise targets the triceps.
5. Use of cable machine and straight bar.
6. Begin with feet hip-width apart and knees over the second toe. Hips remain neutral.
7. Take a secure grip with thumbs under the bar.
8. Maintain good posture when bringing the bar down to the body. Shoulders remain down and relaxed and we are using the core of the body.
9. Chin should be tucked in and elbows remain in a fixed position.
10. Remember to not allow shoulders to move away from the body when pulling the bar down. Also, don't lean forward and try to use Bodyweight to pull the bar down. If you need to do this, you should reduce the amount of weight you are using.
Tricep Pushdown with Straight Bar Movement
1. Pull your shoulder blades back and down and tighten your abdominals to help keep your body in alignment, then extend your elbows until your arms are fully straightened next to your body. Return to the start position slowly and in a controlled manner, and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
2. Make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearms should be moving.
3. Be careful not to rock forward and back. If you find yourself unable to prevent this, it means the weight is too heavy and you should reduce the resistance.
Tricep Pushdown with Straight Bar Benefits
You can perform this exercise in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
Your core muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady and to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
Cable Tricep Pushdown, Standing Tricep Pushdown, Tricep Pushdown Cable Machine, How to Do Exercises With Cable Machine