How to Do
How to Do Romanian Barbell Deadlifts
The Romanian barbell deadlift with barbell should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop Romanian barbell deadlifts.
Beginning Romanian Barbell Deadlift
1. Begin with a barbell on the ground, knees bent 5°, feet, shoulder-width apart.
2. Bend at the hip joint maintaining a neutral spine and grab the bar at a width that would allow the forearms to be perpendicular to the bar if the elbows were flexed at 90°.
3. Slightly retract the shoulder blades.
Romanian Barbell Deadlift Movement
1. Contract buttocks, extend hips to straight position.
2. Lower down to starting position, following desired REP tempo.
Romanian Barbell Deadlift Benefits
The Romanian barbell deadlift (RDL) is a conventional barbell movement that targets the posterior chain muscles such as the erector spinae, gluteus maximus, hamstrings, and adductors. When performed correctly, the RDL is a powerful exercise that strengthens both the core and the lower body in a single motion.
How To Do a Romanian Barbell Deadlift, Romanian Barbell Deadlift, Barbell Exercises, Undead Lift.