How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Forward Lunge
Stand with one leg forward and one leg back.
Beginning Dumbbell Front Lunge
1. Your focus should be on splitting the weight evenly between your legs.
2. Keep your abdominal muscles tight, knees bent and chest up.
Dumbbell Front Lunge Movement
1. Under control, slightly move your hips back, like you are sitting down in a chair, and squat directly down.
2. Stop where you feel comfortable; try not to let your back come forward and push the weight directly back up.
3. Under control, stop just before your knees are straight and reverse the motion back down.
Dumbbell Forward Lunge Benefits
Dumbbell Front lunges will also build strength in your calf muscles and your abs. Even your lower back will be strengthened as it helps to keep you balanced throughout the movement.