How to Do Dumbbell Lunge With Single Arm Press
Each dumbbell lunge with a single arm press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this dumbbell lunge with a single arm press.
Beginning Dumbbell Lunge Press
1. Maintain good posture to ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead and has good stability through the belly.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
Dumbbell Lunge Press Movement
1. This movement involves an alternating forward lunge with a 1 arm shoulder press.
2. Perform a forward lunge; for description see lunge-sagittal, in the exercise library, with the dumbbell at shoulder height.
3. Hold in the lunge position and perform a shoulder press.
4. Lower the weight back to your shoulder height and push yourself back to the starting position.
5. Alternate forward lunging pattern.
6. Perform the desired number of reps but NOTE that this exercise causes a lot of fatigue you may choose a lower rep range to begin.
Dumbbell Lunge Press Benefits
Strengthens legs and buttocks.