How to Do
How to Do a Smith Machine Good Morning
The smith machine good morning should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the smith machine good morning.
Beginning Smith Machine Good Morning
1. Maintain a firm grip on your upper back.
2. Knee bend should be kept to a minimum.
3. Start light and build up to a heavier lift.
Smith Machine Good Morning Movement
1. As a starting posture, place the smith machine bar across your shoulders and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Slowly lower yourself to the floor, ensuring that the bottom part of your body remains steady, until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
3. Hold this position for a count, then slowly and steadily return to the starting position.
4. Rep as many times as you want for as many reps and sets as you want.
Smith Machine Good Morning Benefits
Squats that are more powerful.
Injury risk is reduced.
The posterior chain is longer.