How to Do
How to Do Pike Handstand Push-up
The pike handstand push-up should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately, stop doing the pike handstand push-up
Beginning Pike Handstand Push-up
1. Start with your arms straight and your hands shoulder-width apart at the top of a pushup position on the floor.
2. Then elevate your hips and walk your feet closer to your hands, forming an upside down V with your body.
3. Keep your legs and arms as straight as possible.
Pike Handstand Push-up Movement
1. Bend your elbows and lower your upper body down and forwards until your head is almost touching the floor.
2. When your elbows bend, your head should be in front of your hands.
3. Consider your hands to be the bottom two points of a triangle, and your head to be the top point of the triangle as you drop down.
4. Push down hard into the floor with your hands from the bottom position, keeping your elbows close to your body to straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
5. Maintain the angle at your hips as you lift your body upwards, rather than thrusting your chest away from the floor and falling at the hips.
Pike Handstand Push-up Benefits
The pike handstand push-up is an excellent workout for strengthening core stability and shoulder strength.
Handstand Push Ups.