How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Power (db) Cleans
Each power (db) clean should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop power (db) cleans.
Beginning Power (db) Cleans
1. Begin with feet shoulder-width apart and toes pointing forward.
2. Bend the knees slightly and bend at the waist, grasping the barbell with both hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart (palms facing body).
Power (db) Cleans Movement
1. Perform explosive triple extension movements in the lower extremities, and drive the elbows high. Make sure the barbell travels in a vertical, linear fashion (close to the body).
2. As the bar reaches shoulder height, externally rotate the arms and cradle the weight in front of the shoulders, simultaneously dropping into a deep squat to get under the weight. Then stand up.
3. From here, contract your glutes to stand into a full upright position with the bar resting on your chest.
4. Carefully lower the barbell back to the ground. Reset and repeat desired repetitions.
Power (db) Cleans Benefits
Total body strength and power production.
It is important to remember that the strength and power developed here are completely relative to the posture and ROM of the exercise itself.
How To Do Barbell Cleans, Barbell Exercises, Barbell Lift, Olympic Lift, Clean Exercises.