How to Do
How to Do Power Clean
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Power Clean
Power Clean Movement
Power Clean Benefits
- Total body strength and power production.
- It is important to remember that the strength and power developed here are completely relative to the posture and ROM of the exercise itself!
- The client must be properly progressed through STABILITY-> STRENGTH-> and finally to POWER in order to ensure that there is adequate flexibility, core strength, and time for adaptation - thereby reducing chance of injury.
- The trainer MUST have a justifiable reason, rationale and system of progression to implement this "elite" exercise.
- This exercise is not vital for maximum power production.
How to Do:
- Begin with feet shoulder width apart and toes pointing forward.
- Bend the knees slightly and bend at the waist, grasping the barbell with both hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart (palms facing body).
- Perform explosive triple extension movement in the lower extremeties, and drive the elbows high. Make sure the barbell travels in a vertical, linear fashion (close to body).
- As bar reaches shoulder height externally rotate the arms and cradle the weight in front of the shoulders, simultaneously dropping into a deep squat to get under the weight. Then stand up.
- From here contract glutes to stand into a full upright position with bar resting on your chest.
- Carefully lower the barbell back to the ground. Reset and repeat desired repetitions.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.