How to Do
How to Do Hang Clean
Each hang clean should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this hang clean.
Beginning Hang Squat Clean
Hang Squat Clean Movement
1. Begin at the bottom of the deadlift position with the bar off the ground hanging from the arms (for description see deadlift in the exercise library) as shown in the video description.
2. Keeping the gaze towards the horizon. The intent is to drive the head straight up towards the ceiling as you push the floor down.
3. As you accelerate the body to a straight position, the traps and arms will naturally stretch and load.
4. As you near full extension in the hips, keep driving the head up towards the ceiling NEVER LEAN BACK.
5. As you reach full extension at the hips, simultaneously carry the momentum into a calf raise and shoulder shrug.
6. Once nearing the end of the calf raise / shoulder shrug, keep the wrists tucked towards the body and use the momentum created to perform an upright row in a linear fashion (perpendicular to the ground).
7. Lower under control and repeat.
Hang Squat Clean Benefits
Muscle mass has increased.
Calorie expenditure has increased.
Power and strength have been increased.
Neurologic function has improved.
Force and power output have been increased.
Metabolic function has improved.
Balance and proprioception have improved.
Enhanced speed and agility.
How To Do Hang Cleans, Clean Exercise Variations, Barbell Exercises.