How to Do
How to Do Narrow Grip Barbell Chest Press
Ability to move shoulder and elbow without any experience of pain or discomfort
Each narrow grip barbell bench press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this close grip barbell bench press.
Beginning Narrow Grip Chest Press
Lay your back flat against the bench with your knees bent, with feet flat on the ground.
Place your hands on the barbell at a position that's slightly less than your shoulder width.
Narrow Grip Chest Press Movement
1. Keep abdominal muscles tightened.
2. Begin by slowly lowering the barbell to your chest, by flexing your elbows.
3. Elbows should be kept close to your body.
4. Keep shoulder blades in a retracted and depressed position.
5. Return the barbell to its starting position by extending your elbows and contracting your chest muscles.
Narrow Grip Chest Press Benefits
Relative isolated hypertrophy and strength of triceps
Barbell Bench Press, How To Do a Chest Press with a Barbell, Barbell Press.