How to Do
How to Do Incline Barbell Bench Press
Each incline barbell bench press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this incline barbell bench press.
Beginning Incline Barbell Bench Press
1. Lay with back flat on incline bench, feet flat on the floor and toes pointing forward.
2. Grasp the bar with the hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
Incline Barbell Bench Press Movement
1. Draw your belly button towards the spine.
2. Slowly lower the bar towards chest by flexing elbows and moving the shoulder blades back and down.
3. Avoid letting the back to arch and/or the head to jut forward.
4. Do not allow the elbows to rotate inward or outward.
5. Press the bar back up, extending your arms and contracting chest until elbows are fully extended.
6. Keep feet pointed forward and flat on floor throughout the entire exercise.
Incline Barbell Bench Press Benefits
Increases strength of chest, anterior shoulder and triceps muscular structure.
Improves muscle definition.
Great beginning exercise to promote muscle growth.
How To Do Chest Presses with a Bench, Incline Bench Press, Incline Chest Press.