How to Do Dumbbell Lunge With Single Arm Press and Rotation
The dumbbell lunge with single arm press and rotation should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell lunge with a single arm press and rotation.
Beginning Lunge Press
1. Maintain good posture to ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead and has good stability through the belly.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
Lunge Press Movement
1. This movement involves an alternating rotational lunge with a 1 arm shoulder press.
2. Perform a rotational lunge; for description see lunge-transverse in the exercise library, with the dumbbell at shoulder height.
3. Hold in the lunge position and perform a shoulder press.
4. Lower the weight back to shoulder height and push yourself back to the starting position.
5. Alternate rotational lunging pattern.
6. Perform the desired number of reps but NOTE that this exercise causes a lot of fatigue you may choose a lower rep range to begin.
Lunge Press Benefits
A Kettlebell Lunge Press is an easy method to incorporate full-body strength training into your workout. The exercise works the back, shoulders, arms, legs, core, and glutes, making it a great all-around strength builder.