How to Do
How to Do Barbell Romanian Deadlift to Calf Raise and Shrug
You must exhibit good CORE strength, and good Inner Outer unit integration especially the deep longitudinal subsystem and posterior oblique subsystem.
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Romanian Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug.
Begin with a barbell on the ground, feet shoulder-width apart with toes pointing forward and knees bent.
Grab the barbell with both hands grip slightly wider than shoulder width.
Romanian Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug. Movement
1. Maintaining a drawn-in position, contract the glutes and lift the barbell until in a fully upright position.
2. Retract shoulder blades and shrug shoulders up towards the BACK OF THE HEAD NOT up to the ears, the upper fibers of the Upper Trap run to the back of the head.
3. Hold the shrug and perform a calf raise by putting pressure over the 1st MTP joint.
4. Return to the original position by reversing the order of the exercise.
5. Initiate descent movement from flexion in the iliofemoral joint, bend from waist with back straight.
Romanian Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug. Benefits
Total body stability and strength development.
Emphasis on the Hamstrings, Glutes, Erectors, Upper Traps, and Calves.
Shoulder Shrug Exercise, How to Shoulder Shrug, Deadlift Barbell, Shrug Bar Deadlift, Calf Raise Weight.