How to Do Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
The reverse grip tricep pushdown should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the reverse grip tricep pushdown.
Beginning Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
1. Set up a high pulley machine with a bar attachment (straight or e-z).
2. Grab the bar attachment at shoulder width with your palms facing up (supinated grip). Using your lats, lower the bar until your arms are fully extended at your sides. Your elbows should be by your sides, and your feet should be shoulder width apart.
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown Movement
1. As you inhale, slowly raise the bar attachment until it is aligned with your chest. Only your forearms should move, and your elbows and upper arms should remain immobile by your sides.
2. Exhale and contract your triceps firmly to return the cable bar to its original starting position.
3. Rep 3-4 times for a total of 8-15 repetitions.
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown Benefits
It can help you gain triceps strength. It may help to enhance elbow extension and prevent shoulder discomfort during benching.