Bear Crawl in Sync
How to Do
How to Do Bear Crawl in Sync
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Bear Crawl
Bear Crawl Movement
Bear Crawl Benefits
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades back and down. Keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- The feet should be set approx. shoulder width apart with a slight ‘toed out’ position as well as adequate hip external rotation (as shown).
How to Do:
- Begin with your hands underneath your shoulders, the balls of the feet under the hips, knee to the side, and your visual gaze towards the horizon.
- Simultaneously take the left hand and foot forward in a walking motion (as shown).
- Transfer the weight onto these two extremities and switch sides (right hand and foot walk forward).
- Repeat walking motion for a given distance.
- Ensure that the shoulder complex and hip complex stay at the same horizontal level … pushing up the hip will only serve to over stress the cervical spine and shoulder complex.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.