How to Do Dumbbell Power Clean
The client must demonstrate adequate posture/functional flexibility at the shoulder girdle to avoid impingement and injury, as well as the hip and ankle to ensure minimal compensation throughout the kinetic chain.
The client must be properly progressed from STABILITY to STRENGTH and finally to POWER in a logical scientifically based fashion before considering an advanced exercise such as this.
Beginning Dumbbell Power Clean
1. Stand shoulder width apart, in a half squat, with a neutral spine.
2. Grasp one dumbbell in each hand or a single dumbbell in one hand for one arm version in front of the knees.
Dumbbell Power Clean Movement
1. Rapidly lift the dumbbell up to shoulder level and bend the knees to assume a semi-squat position.
2. Squeeze glutes, come to a straightened position with the dumbbell resting on the chest.
3. Carefully lower to the floor.
Dumbbell Power Clean Benefits
Total body strength power production. The power and strength developed here are relative to the POSITION and ROM available in this movement pattern.
How To Do Dumbbell Cleans, Dumbbell Exercises, Clean Exercise.