How to Do Dumbbell Uppercut to Overhead Press
Position feet shoulder width apart, pointing straight ahead.
Beginning Dumbbell Uppercut to Overhead Press
1. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
2. Activate core by drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
Dumbbell Uppercut to Overhead Press Movement
1. Start with the dumbbells at shoulder height, palms facing backward.
2. While maintaining total body alignment, rotate the shoulders at the torso.
3. Push the arm that is coming forward up overhead towards the midline of the body.
4. Bring the weight down slowly, turn the shoulders the opposite direction and push the other arm overhead towards the midline of the body.
5. AVOID letting your back arch at ANYTIME (this may indicate tightness in the lats and a stretching workout should precede loading of this exercise).
6. Keep the hips level at each side and also make sure the shoulder blades do not move forward excessively as this may indicate a shoulder joint.
Dumbbell Uppercut to Overhead Press Benefits
To strengthen and shape the abdominal muscles (especially the obliques) and the legs (particularly the gluteus maximus and the quadriceps or front of the thighs).