How to Do
How to Do Modified Plank Up Downs
The modified plank up-downs should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the modified plank up downs.
Beginning Plank Up Downs
1. Begin in an elbow plank stance with your toes and elbows raised up.
2. Shift your weight to your left side and place your right palm on the floor.
3. Shift your weight to your right and place your left palm on the floor.
4. Return the way you came, then repeat until you've completed a set.
Plank Up Downs Movement
1. Start off in a modified plank position.
2. You will be holding yourself up by your forearms with your legs straight behind you but your knees will be on the ground.
3. To execute this exercise, place one hand on the ground by your chest, followed by the other hand, and push up off the ground with your hands to achieve a pushup stance.
4. Your knees will be on the ground during the entire exercise.
5. Return back to the plank position by reversing this process and repeat for repetitions.
Plank Up Downs Benefits
Your core, glutes, arms, wrists, and shoulders are all strengthened and toned by doing an up and down plank. This exercise improves posture, tightens the midsection, and helps you lose weight.