How to Do
How to Do Fly Machine Rear Delt
Each Rear Delt Raise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this Rear Delt Raise.
Beginning Fly Machine Rear Delt
1. On the Rear Delt Machine, adjust the seat so that your chest is against the cushion and the handles are at shoulder level. Throughout the movement, keep your core tight.
2. Engage your rear delt muscles while holding the handlebars in front of you (back of the shoulder). Pull the weight, concentrating all of your shoulder muscular tension.
3. When the handles are at your sides, take a moment to pause before slowly returning to the beginning position. Allow no contact between the plate and the weight stack.
Fly Machine Rear Delt Movement
1. Adjust the machine so that when seated, your shoulders are in line with the handles, and that when you grasp the handles, your arms are almost fully extended but for a slight bend in the elbow to prevent damage. Make sure that your chest is not tilted forward and pressed into the machine’s padding. Instead, sit upright with your chest, only light touching the pad.
2. Pull your shoulder blades slightly back, then bring your arms from the front out to the side until they are aligned with your chest. Maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the motion.
3. Slowly return your arms to the starting position and repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
4. Do not use momentum to swing the handles back. If you are struggling to bring your arms from the front to the side, choose a lighter weight.
Fly Machine Rear Delt Benefits
Perform this exercise in the gym.
This isolation exercise strengthens the shoulder, and specifically, the back of the shoulder, a part of the body that is often neglected.
It strengthens and sculpts the muscle, and helps build a nice rounded deltoid cap, for sexy arms with nice muscle definition.
Together with the back of the shoulder, this exercise also works some back muscles as a secondary benefit and helps to improve posture.
Deltoid Fly, Delt Flys, Cable Fly Machine, Shoulder Fly Machine.