How to Do
How to Do Leg Extension While Seated
No excessive tension in abdominals, hip flexors and, or quadriceps.
Each seated machine leg extension should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the leg extensions machine.
Beginning Leg Extension While Seated
Perform a proper warm-up for the thigh, i.e. light squats, stair climbing.
Sit straight up in the chair with your shoulders back and your chest open.
Leg Extension While Seated Movement
1. With ankles in proper alignment, slowly extend your knee, squeezing, and holding your thighs for 1 second when the knee is straight.
2. Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
3. When beginning this exercise, use lighter weights and work your way up as your abilities increase.
4. Use the handles on the sides of the chair to keep your butt from leaving the seat.
5. Once again, a reminder to keep your shoulders back, chest up, and butt down in the chair while extending.
Leg Extension While Seated Benefits
This exercise strengthens the quadriceps of the thigh.
Reinforces the knee joint.
Seated Leg Extension Exercise, Seated Leg Curl, What Is a Leg Extension Exercise, How to Do Leg Extensions, Leg Extensions.