How to Do Single Leg Squat With Band Row
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Inertia progressions -No weight to dumbbells to cables to tubing
Movement progressions - Squat with touchdown to squat touchdown to overhead press.
Beginning Single Leg Squat With Row
Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the sensory system.
Remember to stand tall throughout the exercise and keep your belly muscles tight by drawing the navel towards the spine.
Single Leg Squat With Row Movement
1. This movement involves a one legged squat combined with a bungee row.
2. Start the exercise on one leg with the bungee cord in front.
3. Perform a one legged squat (for description see Single Leg Squat in the exercise library).
4. As you perform a squat and return to an upright position, perform a bungee row as shown.
5. Perform the desired number of reps and switch legs.
Single Leg Squat With Row Benefits
Watch for excessive valgusing of the stance leg, excessive forward motion of the scapula, or rolling of the upper body. These may indicate that the exercise is too advanced and needs to be regressed.
Balance Squat, How To Do a Rowing Squat, Advanced Led Balance Exercises, One Legged Squat