How to Do Spiderman Cable Pulls
If you notice rounding of the shoulders, loss of balance when landing, an inability to control movement, or if you express pain at ANY point, avoid the exercise.
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Spiderman Cable Pulls
Maintain good posture throughout the exercise and good stability throughout the belly.
Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the sensory system.
Spiderman Cable Pulls Movement
1. This exercise involves a standing pull down towards the side with a side hop.
2. Ensure that the cable machine is built for lateral sideways motion. If unsure, DO NOT attempt this movement.
3. The cable machine must be equipped with two cable arms and be placed in the up position.
4. You will start by facing the machine, off to one side (as shown).
5. Perform a sideways pulldown motion for description see lateral pulldown in the exercise library.
6. As the arms reach full extension, hop to the side (as shown).
7. Perform another lateral pull down and continue the process side to side.
Spiderman Cable Pulls Benefits
It is important that you watch the video so that you can see the dynamic nature of this exercise.