How to Do
How to Do Stork Single Leg Triceps Kickbacks With Dumbbell
Stork single leg triceps kickbacks with dumbbells should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the stork single leg triceps kickbacks with a dumbbell.
Beginning Stork Triceps Kickbacks
1. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
2. Activate core by properly drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
3. This exercise integrates the upper and lower body and will cause fatigue. Technique should be maintained through each repetition.
Stork Triceps Kickbacks Movement
1. Stand on one leg with good alignment, the knee is bent to approx. 20 degrees.
2. Slowly flex forward in the trunk and allow the raised leg to extend behind you in triple extension (at hip, knee, and ankle) and hold this position.
3. The body line should be straight and parallel with the floor from the neck right down to the extended leg (as shown in the video link).
4. Choose lightweight and perfect the technique as this exercise is difficult to perform correctly.
5. Position the upper arms parallel to the torso, elbows bent at 90 degrees, and hold.
6. Perform a two arm triceps kickback movement, keeping the upper arm stationary and only moving the forearms; lower the weights slowly.
7. Make sure that you have a chin tuck (for good neck alignment), neutral spine angles, hips that are level and parallel with the floor, and correct any rolling in of the legs (at knee and ankle joints). Be very vigilant in ensuring that proper form is maintained.
Stork Triceps Kickbacks Benefits
Triceps kickbacks are an easy and effective approach to strengthen your arms and upper body. They can aid you in other physical activities if you incorporate them into your regimen. Maintain a well-balanced fitness regimen that incorporates flexibility, stretching, and balance exercises, as well as strength and aerobic activities.