How to Do Static Supine Piriformis Stretch Assisted
Partner should place one hand just above the knee on the front of your thigh and the other hand on your ankle.
Beginning Supine Piriformis Stretch
1. Bend the injured leg upwards toward your chest, crossing it over the other leg.
2. With one hand, grab your knee and the other, your ankle. Pull your glutes tight by pulling the bowed leg across your body.
3. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds before releasing.
Supine Piriformis Stretch Movement
1. Lie down on your back and flex one leg to 90 degrees at the hip and knee.
2. Partnership in stabilizing the upper leg while pushing the ankle towards your head.
3. Hold for 20-30 seconds, repeat for 2-3 reps.
Supine Piriformis Stretch Benefits
Stretching the piriformis muscle will help alleviate tightening of the lower back and relieve tension from hip to foot.