Vegetarian Diet for Weight Loss: 1200 Calorie Menu, Simple Clean-eating to Lose Healthy Weight Today for Beginners
Vegetarian Diet for Weight Loss
Beginners' clean-eating diet for shedding pounds quickly and easily: vegetarian weight loss diet at 1200 calories.
A 1200 calorie vegetarian weight loss menu for women looking to slim down. Before starting a low-calorie diet, you should seek medical advice.
Vegetarian Diet Beginner Guidelines
The 1200 calorie vegetarian nutrition plan is not appropriate for every person, and many people need more than 1200 calories a day to lose weight safely. Please use this vegetarian weight loss menu as a temporary guide to learn basic meal-prep, planning and healthy recipes.
This vegetarian diet is basic, easy-to-follow and nutritious. The key to any diet is making sure it fits into your schedule and that you are getting the right amount of nutrition from the foods you eat. To ensure your body is getting all it needs, focus on eating more nutrient-dense foods.
A 1200 calorie diet is the lowest intake that it is still possible for you to meet your nutrient needs through food. When planned, a 1200-calorie vegetarian weight loss plan will include sufficient protein to minimize any muscle loss and hit most of your vitamin and mineral targets.
Your Basic Caloric Needs
A 1200 calorie diet should not be used as a universal recommendation for all. We strongly advise that you calculate your caloric needs with us first and determine your individual dietary needs before starting.
If you want to lose weight, the first step is to calculate how many calories you need for your activity level. In general, women and older, less active people burn fewer calories per day than active men.
Your Weight Loss Goal
For a successful vegetarian weight loss program, portion control is key. Get your food in check with these three essential kitchen tools. You will need measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a kitchen scale.
The key to weight loss success is to follow a low-calorie, high-fiber diet that contains fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat protein sources. This meal plan is specifically tailored to vegetarians who are looking to lose weight.
Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet
Here is a sample 1200 calorie vegetarian weight loss menu for beginners.
|Protein (g)||Fats (g)||Carb (g)||Calories|
|Breakfast: Raisin Bran||16.99||4.61||64.34||278.25|
|Lunch: Sandwich: Peanut Butter & Jelly (5 mins)||15.43||18.03||56.92||437.68|
|Snack: Fruit: Blackberries, frozen||1.78||0.65||23.66||96.64|
|Dinner: Marinated Green Soybeans and Vegetables (5 mins)||25.76||14.48||33.82||341.02|
|PM Snack: Apple||0.55||0.36||29.28||110.24|
|1 large (3-1/4" diameter) -- Apples, raw, with skin|
DAILY SHOPPING LIST
- 1.5 cup (366 grams) -- Milk, low-fat, fluid, 1% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 2 tablespoon (30 grams) -- Salad dressing, Italian dressing, reduced fat
- 1 cup (1 NLEA serving) (59 grams) -- Cereals ready-to-eat; KRAFT, POST Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 large (3-1/4" dia.) (approx. 2 per lb) (212 grams) -- Apples, raw, with skin
- 1 cup, unthawed (151 grams) -- Blackberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 0.5 cup, chopped (80 grams) -- Onions, raw
- 1 tbsp chopped (6 grams) -- Onions, spring or scallions (including tops and bulb), raw
- 0.5 large whole (3" dia.) (91 grams) -- Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year-round average
- 0.25 cup (46 grams) -- Broccoli, frozen, chopped, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 1 tbsp (32 grams) -- Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt
- 0.33 cup (61.38 grams) -- Soybeans, mature seeds, raw
- 2 slices (56 grams) -- Bread, whole-wheat, commercially prepared
- 2 tbsp (40 grams) -- Jams and preserves
Resources Coming Soon
New Menu Plans and Resources Coming Soon
♥ Vegan plans.
♥ Free diet planner app.
♥ Low calorie ideas.
♥ Clean eating meals.
♥ More low-calorie plans.
The Best Meal Plan App
Using the latest science and research, the team at changingshape.com offers plans developed by certified nutrition and fitness professionals. Join the changingshape.com calorie counter app free today.