How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Bent Over Row
Each dumbbell bent over row should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this dumbbell bent over row.
Beginning Dumbbell Row with Bent Over
1. Place your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, shoulder-width apart, palms facing each other.
3. Take a deep breath in while bending over at a 45-degree angle (no lower).
4. On an exhale, pull the dumbbells straight up toward the sides of your chest.
Dumbbell Row with Bent Over Movement
1. Stand directly in front of the dumbbells with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Hold a DB in each hand, with your palms facing the back, and the DBs perpendicular to the body. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line. Tighten your abdominals to support your back and spine.
2. Bend your knees slightly and fold at the hips so that your body is between 45 to 60 degrees to the ground and take an overhand grip palm facing the ground on the dumbbells, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
3. Pull your shoulder blades back and down then pull the dumbbell toward your chest. You'll feel your shoulder blades draw closer together at the top of the movement. Concentrate not on pulling with your arms, but on rowing and lifting the dumbbells with your back muscles.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbells until your arms are fully extended, then repeat for the required number of repetitions.
5. Make sure that you don't arch or round your back at any time during the exercise. Avoid the temptation to bring your head up. Instead, keep your head aligned with your neck and spine. Looking down at the ground will help.
Dumbbell Row with Bent Over Benefits
This exercise can be performed at home or in the gym.
This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your back.
Dumbbell Row Exercise, Exercises With Dumbbells.