How to Do Cable Overhead Tricep Extension
Connect the rope attachment and set the cable pulley at the top of the pole. Turn to face away from the cable pulley.
Beginning Cable Overhead Tricep Extension
1. Place both hands on the rope with a neutral grip palms facing inwards.
2. Bend at both the hips and knees and press your glutes into the pole.
3. Lean forward slightly and extend your elbows to bring the rope in front of your face.
Cable Overhead Tricep Extension Movement
1. Attach a handle to the low pulley on the machine and hold it in both hands above your head with your arms fully extended.
2. Lower the rope behind you, keeping your upper arms stationary, then flex your triceps to return to the starting position.
Cable Overhead Tricep Extension Benefits
The overhead triceps extension is a strength move that targets the back of your upper arm, where your triceps brachii muscles are located.