How to Do Cable Lying Triceps Extension
Position a flat bench about 2-3 feet away from a cable stand and place the pulley at the very bottom of the machine.
Beginning Cable Lying Triceps Extension
1. Use either a straight bar, an EZ-curl bar or a rope, grab the attachment with a shoulder-width grip and begin with the weight just behind the top of your head.
1. Perform a regular skull crusher by extending your arms all the way up until your elbows are fully locked out, pausing briefly.
2. Return the weight back under control again just behind the top of your head.
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Movement
1. Lie down on the bench with your back to the pulley and your head facing it.
2. With your palms facing away from your body, grasp the attachment.
3. Extend your arms fully to form a 90-degree angle with your torso.
4. Bend your elbows and keep your upper arms immobile to reduce the weight.
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Benefits
This exercise is excellent for building and shaping the upper posterior arm muscle.
The main advantage of the overhead triceps extension is the triceps hypertrophy that occurs as a result of the exercise. The triceps extension, unlike other triceps exercises, engages all three heads of the triceps, meaning your entire triceps will become stronger as a result of this exercise.