How to Do Dumbbell Lateral Step Up and Shoulder Press With Single Arm
The dumbbell lateral step up and shoulder press with a single arm should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell lateral step up and shoulder press with a single arm.
Beginning Dumbbell Lateral Step Up and Shoulder Press
Stand in front of 6 boxes with feet shoulder width apart and dumbbells in both hands at chest level (palms facing body).
Dumbbell Lateral Step Up and Shoulder Press Movement
1. Step onto box with 1 leg, keeping foot pointed straight ahead and knee lined up over mid foot.
2. Push through the heel and stand up straight with both legs on top of the box.
3. Once stabilization has been established, press the dumbbell overhead and to the side until 1 arm is fully extended (as shown).
4. Slowly return the dumbbells back to the chest.
5. Step off the box and return to the ground maintaining alignment of the lower extremity.
6. Repeat on the other leg.
7. When repetitions are completed, swap arms.
Dumbbell Lateral Step Up and Shoulder Press Benefits
Strengthen your squats and deadlifts.
It safeguards your lower back.
Builds explosive lower-body strength.
dumbbell shoulder press exercise.