How to Do
How to Do Cobra Pose on the Floor With Alternating Arms
General guidelines, be sure not to arch your back too greatly when lifting off the floor as this can cause low back pain.
Beginning Cobra Pose on the Floor With Alternating Arms
Starting position, lay face down with your forehead resting on the floor and your arms extended alongside your body. Your palms should face the ceiling.
Cobra Pose on the Floor With Alternating Arms Movement
1. Using the muscles in your back, slowly lift your chest off the floor while simultaneously raising one of your arms alongside your glutes. During the movement, keep the other arm relaxed on the floor.
2. Keep your eyes lowered so as not to exert too much pressure on the neck.
3. Take a breath shortly at the top of the lift, then return to starting position; be sure to at all times keep your chin tucked into your chest.
4. Slowly lower your body to the floor with one controlled, fluid motion. Keep your head and chest even so that they rest on the floor with the same movement.
5. Repeat with an alternate arm.
Cobra Pose on the Floor With Alternating Arms Benefits
This is an excellent exercise to restore the full function and flexibility of your shoulder.
Floor Cobra, Yoga Cobra, Bhujangasana, Cobra Pose, Backbend, Sphinx Pose, Yin Yoga Pose.