How to Do Floor Prone Cobra
General guidelines, be sure not to arch your back too greatly when lifting off the floor, this can cause low back pain.
Floor Prone Cobra Position
Starting position, lay face down with your forehead resting on the floor and your arms extended alongside your body. Your palms should face the ceiling.
Floor Prone Cobra Movement
1. Using the muscles in your back, slowly lift your chest off the floor while simultaneously raising your arms alongside your glutes. Keep your eyes lowered so as not to exert too much pressure on the neck.
2. Take a breath shortly at the top of the lift then return to starting position; be sure at all times to keep your chin tucked into your chest.
3. Slowly lower your body to the floor with one controlled, fluid motion. Keep your head and chest even so that they rest on the floor at the same movement. Repeat.
Floor Prone Cobra Benefits
This is an excellent exercise to restore full function and flexibility of your shoulder.
Floor cobra exercise, prone cobra exercise, cobra exercise for the back, floor prone cobra, cobra yoga pose, yoga cobra pose.
This exercise targets the rhomboids and the trapezius and the lumbar spine. You can complete this back exercise at home.
1. Lying face down on the floor yoga mat or gym mat, feet are straight out with feet touching the floor.
2. Feet and knees are planted on the mat and do not move during this exercise.
3. Maintain a neutral spine.
4. Front of the body and&arms are lifted off the mat.
5. Hips and legs stay firmly planted on the mat as the lift is performed.
6. The lumbar spine should not be lifted too high off the mat. This is a controlled movement targeting the lumbar spine.