How to Do Multiplanar Lunge With Dumbbell
The multiplanar lunge with dumbbell should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the multiplanar lunge with dumbbell.
Beginning Multiplanar Lunge
Stand in proper alignment with hands-on hips and feet straight ahead.
1. Draw your belly button inward toward your spine.
2. Use dumbbells in each hand.
3. While maintaining total body alignment, step forward descending slowly by bending at the hips, knees, and ankles.
4. Use your hip and thigh muscles to push yourself up and back to the start position.
5. Repeat directions on the opposite leg and then progress to side lunges followed by turning lunges.
Multiplanar Lunge Benefits
The hips, groin, quadriceps, and calves are all targeted in this stretch. This dynamic stretch also aids in muscle warming and balance improvement.