How to Do
How to Do Oblique Twists With Resistance Band Partner
The head should be positioned with a chin tucked and the hands by the ear so that they do not support the head.
Beginning Oblique Twist
1. To begin, lie on the ground with the belly button drawn in and the pelvic floor contracted by taking those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
2. Lift the legs off the floor so that they are in triple flexion (at the ankles, knees, and hips).
3. Ensure that the spine angles do not change throughout the movement.
Oblique Twist Movement
1. Lift the shoulder blades off the ground by contracting the abdomen. Once in the air, turn the shoulders to one side and bring that knee into the chest slightly (as shown).
2. Slowly return to the starting position.
3. Throughout this movement, ensure that the lower back never goes into excessive extension (the lower back should never be so arched that you could fit your palm between the low back and floor).
Oblique Twist Benefits
It elevates the functionality, strength, and endurance of the core.