How to Do
How to Do Resistance Band Woodchop
Rotate torso toward door with eyes and hips facing forward.
Keep wrists firm and unbent.
Beginning Resistance Band Woodchop
1. Door Attachment Top of Door.
2. Stand in a wide stance with the feet parallel to the door.
3. Shift body weight to foot closest to the door with knee bent, trunk hinged slightly forward, hip back, and opposite leg straight.
4. Hold one strap in each hand and clasp hands together.
5. Straighten the arm furthest from the door across the shoulder with both hands reaching toward the attachment site.
Resistance Band Woodchop Movement
1. Slowly rotate your upper body and pull diagonally downward with your hands toward the opposite knee.
2. Simultaneously hinge forward at the hips and shift body weight to the foot furthest from the door.
3. End with arms straight, leg furthest from door bent, hip back, and feet flat on the floor with back straight.
4. Hold and slowly return to the starting position.
Resistance Band Woodchop Benefits
The woodchop is a fantastic functional core exercise. Your abs and obliques are working overtime as you twist and lift, and the overall movement of the exercise means the core strength benefits created will translate to everyday activities and sports.
Wood Chop With Resistance Band, Band Woodchop Standing.