How to Do Squat Thrust With Push Up to Jump
The squat thrust with push up to jump should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the squat thrust with a push up to jump.
Beginning Squat Thrust With Push Up to Jump
Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
Squat Thrust With Push Up to Jump Movement
1. This movement involves push ups and jumping in place.
2. Start with your hands by your shoulders.
3. Simultaneously squat down (with triple flexion in the legs) and bend forward in the trunk placing the outstretched arms on the ground about shoulder width apart.
4. Shoot both legs out into triple extension with a straight body line, perform a push up, and quickly bring them back into triple flexion (as shown).
5. Begin the movement with an explosive vertical jump, and at the same time explosively push your arms overhead.
6. Land onto toes and then heal.
7. Do not let the back sag as you thrust your legs out and back. Maintain proper alignment throughout the exercise.
Squat Thrust With Push Up to Jump Benefits
The squat thrust can help you grow strength in your triceps and pecs while simultaneously working your hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes. Cardiovascular health can be improved by squat thrusts. Squat thrusts can add an aerobic aspect to your training program by raising your heart rate if done correctly.
Burpee Variations, How To Do Squat Thrusts, Push Up Squats, Jump Squats.