How to Do
How to Do Standing Cobra on One Leg With Dumbbells on Single Leg
The Standing Cobra on One Leg with dumbbells on single leg should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop Standing Cobra on One Leg with Dumbbells on single leg.
Beginning Standing Cobra on One Leg with Dumbbells
1. Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, looking forward, head up, shoulders back, and back straight, extend your arms in front of you and sit back, bending at the waist but keeping your back straight. Weights should be hung shoulder-width apart in front of the shins, beneath the shoulder blades. The palms of the hands should face the body, and the elbows of the arms should be slightly bent.
2. Exhale, tightening through the back and drawing the shoulder blades back and low, externally twisting and pushing the arms back until your palms are facing forward and your arms are drawn back with elbows above the back at the top of the motion.
3. Return to your starting position by inhaling.
Standing Cobra on One Leg with Dumbbells Movement
1. Stand with dumbbells in both hands, with your feet about shoulder-width apart. To keep your body in alignment, tighten your abdominal muscles before lifting one foot a few inches off the floor, and hold it behind you. The foot in the air should remain parallel to the foot on the ground.
2. Your body will tilt forward slightly; make sure that your back is flat in this position. Allow your arms to hang down from your shoulders, fully extended. Your palms should be facing each other.
3. Keeping your abdominals tight, pull your shoulder blades back and down, then bring your arms back in an arc toward your hips. Simultaneously, rotate your arms outward. At the top of the movement, your wrists should be facing the ceiling, with your little finger facing the front.
4. As always, return to your starting position with control before repeating your required number of repetitions.
5. At all times, ensure that your back is not arched or rounded and that your head is in line with your spine. A good way to ensure proper alignment is to keep your gaze on the ground.
Standing Cobra on One Leg with Dumbbells Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise works the entire body, with a particular emphasis on the back, neck trapezius, and rear of the shoulders. You'll also be working your core muscles to keep your body balanced and stable as you perform the exercise on one leg.
This exercise is extremely beneficial for those of us who have very sedentary jobs that result in a hunched posture with shoulders rolling forward.
How To Do The Cobra Exercise, Cobra in a Standing Position, Bhujangasana Exercise, One Legged Cobra Exercise, Cobra Exercise with Dumbbells.