How to Do Twister on Step
This exercise involves quick footwork movements using the step.
Initially choose a step height that is low (no risers).
To start, face the step with one foot on the step and the other on the floor in front of the step (as shown).
1. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, and good stability through the abdomen.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; This engages the nervous system.
1. The movement involves hopping and simultaneously switching feet position (the one that is on the ground goes to the bench and vise versa) see video link.
2. You can time yourself to see how many you can do this movement in a given time.
3. The test should be terminated if you notice any of the following observations: repeated tripping on the step, loss of balance, pain of any sort, rolling of ankles, dizziness, shortness of breath, and/or numbness in the arm or jaw.
Twist boards strengthen your core, so they may help you avoid back injury. A strong core is also important for physical strength and balance.