How to Do
How to Do Squats Against the Wall
1. Breathing in, squat down, allowing the ball to roll along the wall behind you until your knee is at 90 degrees.
2. Breathing out, stand up slowly until knee is almost at 90 degrees, repeat.
Pre-Requisites Squats Against the Wall
1. No excessive tension in front of pelvis, hamstrings/back of the upper thigh, and/or calves.
2. Must be able to perform classic squat with proper posture.
Squats Against the Wall Preparation
1. Place the Swiss Ball (Stability Ball) between the wall and the of your lower back.
2. Feet should be straight and together, and lower back should be straight.
3. Raise one leg up until the knee is 90 degrees.
4. Slightly bend the knee.
Squats Against the Wall Progression Considerations
1. Should be able to perform dual leg version with proper posture.
2. Knee and hips should be straight/level while performing movement.
3. There should not be pain in the knee while performing.
Squats Against the Wall Benefits
Improves strength and definition in Quadriceps/top of the upper thigh.
Improves strength and definition in Hamstrings/bottom of the upper thigh.
Improves coordination in lower body.
Knee Exercises Squats Against the Wall, Squats Against the Wall With Stability.