How to Do Wall Squats With Ball and Band
1. Breathing in, squat down, allowing the ball to roll along the wall behind you until your knee is at 90 degrees.
2. Breathing out, stand up slowly until knee is almost at 90 degrees, repeat.
Preparation Wall Squats
1. Place the Swiss Ball (Stability Ball) between the wall and the of your lower back.
2. Feet should be straight and together, and lower back should be straight.
3. Raise one leg up until the knee is 90 degrees.
4. Slightly bend the knee.
Wall Squats Pre-Requisites
1. No excessive tension in front of pelvis, hamstrings/back of the upper thigh, and/or calves.
2. Must be able to perform classic squat with proper posture.
Wall Squats Progression Considerations
1. Should be able to perform dual leg version with proper posture.
2. Knee and hips should be straight/level while performing movement.
3. There should not be pain in the knee while performing.
Wall Squats Benefits
Improves strength and definition in Quadriceps/top of the upper thigh.
Improves strength and definition in Hamstrings/bottom of the upper thigh.
Improves coordination in lower body.