How to Do
How to Do Glute Bridge with Bands
This exercise may be performed by any healthy exerciser with good flexibility in the hips.
Maintain perfect form throughout.
Do not arch the low back.
Be careful to keep the knees aligned.
To make this exercise more challenging, once the pelvis is lifted, lift the heels off the floor.
Lower the heels and then return the pelvis/hips to the starting position.
Glute Bridge with Bands Exercise
1. Place the rubber tubing around the upper part of both thighs.
2. Lie down on the back with the knees bent and the soles of your feet planted on the floor. The feet should be shoulder-width apart and facing straight ahead.
3. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button towards the spine.
4. Keep both shoulders pressed firmly against the floor. The arms should lie along either side of the body with the palms facing upward.
5. Focus your eyes on the ceiling. Hold this posture throughout the exercise.
Glute Bridge with Bands Movement
1. Squeeze the hips together and slowly lift them off the floor pushing toward the ceiling.
2. It should take 2 seconds to lift the hips. Hold in the lifted position for 2 seconds.
3. Take 4 seconds to lower the hips down to the floor. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Glute Bridge with Bands Benefits
The Glute Bridge with a Thera-Band is a beginner exercise that increases strength and stability in the CORE, hips, thighs, and spine.